Airtm provides users with Google Pay and Apple Pay direct adds to their Airtm account through MoonPay, our banking connection provider.
The benefits of moving funds directly through and Google Pay and Apple Pay instead of peer-to-peer include:
- Safe and reliable transfers.
- Fast (only takes 5 minutes).
- Reduced costs: 3.98% (3.99 Euro minimum)
To fund your Airtm account directly with Google Pay or Apple Pay:
- Once connected, select Add in the menu on the left.
- Select "More payment methods", "Mobile" category and then select Google Pay and Apple Pay.
- Enter the amount you would like to add to your Airtm balance and on the Direct tab, click "Continue".
- With Apple Pay:
- You will need to be using the Safari browser.
- Your card must already be setup with Apple Pay.
- With Google Pay:
- You will need to be using the Chrome browser.
- Your card must already be setup with Google Pay.
- With Apple Pay:
- Our partner MoonPay will take you to a new window to confirm the amount, enter your personal and payment information.
- Once you have confirmed the transfer in the MoonPay hosted window, return to Airtm. Your transaction will complete within 5 minutes, crediting funds to your Airtm wallet.
Reasons why a transaction with this method might fail:
There can be several reasons. This is what you should check before submitting a support ticket:
- It may happen that the issuing bank does not authorize your transaction. We recommend contacting your bank card issuer for more information, as they may need to authorize MoonPay as a merchant to continue transacting.
- Make sure you are operating in one of the supported countries. For the U.S., ineligible states are Connecticut, Hawaii, New York, New Hampshire, Texas, Vermont, Virginia.
- Prepaid cards associated with your Google Pay and Apple Pay accounts are not accepted at this time.
- Keep your billing information up to date, this must match the one registered with your bank.
What is Moonpay?
If you have any questions, please contact us.