Airtm provides users with debit and credit card adds to their Airtm account through MoonPay, our banking connection provider.
The benefits of moving funds directly through a debit/credit card instead of peer-to-peer include:
- Safe and reliable transfers.
- Fast (only takes 5 minutes).
- Reduced costs: 3.98% (3.99 Euro minimum)
To fund your Airtm account directly using a debit/credit card:
- Once connected, select Add in the menu on the left.
- Select "More payment methods", "Debit/Credit Card" and then your country.
- Enter the amount you would like to add to your Airtm balance and on the Direct tab, click "Continue".
- Our partner MoonPay will take you to a new window to confirm the amount, enter your personal and card information.
- Once you have confirmed the transfer in the MoonPay hosted window, return to Airtm. Your transaction will complete within 5 minutes, crediting funds to your Airtm wallet.
Reasons why a transaction with this method might fail:
There can be several reasons. This is what you should check before submitting a support ticket:
- It may happen that the issuing bank does not authorize your transaction. We recommend contacting your bank card issuer for more information, as they may need to authorize MoonPay as a merchant to continue transacting.
- Make sure you are operating in one of the supported countries. For the U.S., ineligible states are Connecticut, Hawaii, New York, New Hampshire, Texas, Vermont, Virginia.
- Prepaid cards are not accepted at this time.
We currently only accept Visa and Mastercard.
- Keep your billing information up to date, this must match the one registered with your bank.
In which countries is the feature available?
Users can add directly using credit/debit card in: Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, Chile, Comoros, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jersey, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, South Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand,, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Palestine, Paraguay, Peru, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of North Macedonia, Réunion, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Zambia.
What is Moonpay?
MoonPay is a financial technology company that builds payments infrastructure for crypto. Their on-and-off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies using all major payment methods including debit and credit card, local bank transfers, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
MoonPay is active in more than 160 countries and is trusted by 300+ leading wallets, websites, and applications to accept payments and defeat fraud.
If you have any questions, please contact us.