Airtm provides users with direct transfers between their bank account and their Airtm account through Wyre, our banking software provider.
The benefits of moving funds directly through a debit card instead of peer-to-peer include:
- Safe and reliable transfers.
- Fast (only takes 30 minutes).
- Reduced costs.
- US Debit Card: 2.9% + $.30, $5.00 minimum
- Outside US Debit Card: 3.9% + $.30, $5.00 minimum
To fund your Airtm account directly using a debit card:
- Once connected, select Add in the menu on the left.
- Select "More payment methods", "Debit card" and then your country. Add funds with Debit Card is supported in the following countries:
- Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Nepal, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, United States (except states New York, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Connecticut, Texas, Hawaii, Vermont, Virginia), Vietnam.
- Enter the amount you would like to add to your Airtm balance and on the Direct tab, click "Continue".
- Our partner Wyre will take you to a new window to confirm the amount, enter your personal and debit card information, and authenticate your transfer by entering a code sent to your phone and bank statement.
- Once you have confirmed the transfer in the Wyre hosted window, return to Airtm. Your transaction will complete within 30 minutes, crediting funds to your Airtm wallet.
|Regions||Limit per week||Limit per year|
|US users||500 AirUSD||5000 AirUSD|
|Outside the US||1000 AirUSD||7500 AirUSD|
Reasons why an operation with this method might fail:
There can be several reasons. This is what you should check before submitting a support ticket:
- It may happen that the issuing bank does not authorize your transaction. We recommend contacting your bank card issuer for more information, as they may need to authorize Wyre as a merchant to continue transacting.
- Make sure you are operating in one of the supported countries (see step 1, list of supported countries). For the U.S., ineligible states are New York, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Connecticut, Texas, Hawaii, Vermont, Virginia.
- Prepaid cards are not accepted at this time.
We currently only accept Visa and Mastercard.
Make sure you are using a cell phone number and not a landline/VOIP number.
No prepaid cards including Cashapp, Transferwise, Revolut, N26 and others are currently accepted. If you are using one of these, you will need to try another card
- Keep your billing information up to date, this must match the one registered with your bank.
If you have any questions, please contact us.